Saturday, February 16, 2013

How to Antique Painted Furniture. Part 1

                 Swans and Roses Pine Bench
I am going to antique a new bench model, that I have just finished. I am painting on new wood, but this type of finish is great on old painted furniture. I am going to antique a Swans and roses bench that will be available on Sawtooth Ideas soon, as a woodworking plan, so you could do the same project if you want to. This bench is also available on Etsy finished or non finished. 


Paint your bench as desired. I chose a light blue paint for the bench, two shades of green for the leaves and two shades of pink for the roses. I painted the swans white with yellow beaks. 

You don't have to paint in the grooves, just the basic shape. When you have painted the whole bench, let it dry thoroughly.



Don't forget to paint the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment